Session Option 1: Eating on a Budget with Kimberly Morales (Food)
It’s a common goal to save and spend money more wisely. And as a food blogger, it’s natural to want to try all the latest products and prepare a slew of different and expensive dinners. Hear from savvy, budget-conscious bloggers about how they mastered clipping coupons and embraced canning, preserving, and buying in bulk. You’ll learn how to feed your family and yourself while spending less, and how to keep food blogging from breaking your bank account.
Session Option 2: Monetizing Your Blog with Barnaby Dorfman, Melissa Lanz, and Andie Mitchell (Writing & Technology)
Here you’ll learn the ins and outs of monetization- everything from partnering with ad networks and affiliate programs to publishing your work in print and online media.
I’m sitting in on the second session where I posted the following nuggets on twitter (this is reverse chronological order–ie, the tweet at the end is the first one on the topic, the tweet at the top is the last one). You can check out what others had to say by checking out the hashtag on twitter #ifbc:
- @melissalanz last word of advice: get reader emails to add to your list.
- Control yr message, offer online & live events, consider charity partnerships to build yr brand, be good for business. Think globally! #ifbc
- consult, coach, teach, speak are all ways you can grow your brand, get more valuable, turn into $$ says @melissalanz #ifbc
- be honest about your affiliate partners & talk about their products that you use & love in an authentic way says @melisslanz #ifbc
- what do you know? what can you teach? you can teach & sell classes online building from your online content #ifbc
- you can make a simple app w/o spending thousands of $$ & get it up & running in your blog #ifbc (really? how? cool!)
- Kindle feed your blog on amazon –love that as a passive way to monetize your blog & let your readers support what you give online #ifbc